Wastewater treatment is essential for the removal of organic matter, nutrients, pathogens, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals from human waste streams. Recycling and reuse of treated wastewater is essential to sustainable urban communities and ecosystems.
- Asano et al. 1996. Wastewater reclamation, recycling and reuse: past, present, and future.pdf
- Falconer et al. 2006. Endocrine-disrupting compounds: A review of their challenge to sustainable and safe water supply and water reuse.
- Gadipelly et al. 2014. Pharmaceutical industry wastewater: review of the technologies for water treatment and reuse.
- Rodriguez et al. 2009. Indirect potable reuse: a sustainable water supply alternative. pdf
- Wintgens et al. 2008. Emerging contaminants and treatment options in water recycling for indirect potable use.pdf